Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sketch to dress


OK first I will show you the sketch of the dress in the original fabrics. (I am waiting for the emails to come through from my phone.) I found a bright almost neon green fabric which goes well with the leopard print. So the bodice is made of the leopard print and the under skirt and the bustle are green. I am still working out the details of the bustle, but I know its going to be tulle covered by the green fabric. This way it is not an itch-y and uncomfortable for the little princess.  I will have better pictures when I get home and can use my camera instead of my phone. 
My next project is screen printing on t-shirts that I have in mind. While at my mother- in-law's I took a great picture of the new pine cones growing in her front yard (it is a beautiful blend of colors.) I think with accenting glitter it will be a wonderful t-shirt of course this would be for a girl. Now I just need to come up with an idea for a great little boy. 
Sorry this took so long, I have had a few family issues since I started this post.  I will have a picture of the finished dress in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment