Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Teddy Bear

So I'm getting a little off course, but that's ok. My niece's 3rd birthday is coming up and I wanted to get her a bear like the ones my kids have. Since she is a rough 3 year old I decided spending that much money was not feasible. The bears are build a bears and we all know much that costs. ( Theirs came from their grandma.) So after searching the web for free patterns I found one that is close to the build a bear workshop one my kids have.  I got the pattern from, http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=10094, which is free, however one can not sell the bears made from this pattern. I didn't follow the pattern perfectly because I chose to leave off the disks and pegs for the joints. As I stated early she tends throw objects at you so I wanted it to be soft.

I did put blue flower buttons on the arms and legs to give them some movement. I love the green bubble skirt and the  80s inspired gym shirt. Sorry pictures are very bad, hopefully I will have my camera back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment